#Still Standing at Standing Rock: Neil Young Wants You To Keep Paying Attention
Last year, Neil Young and Daryl Hannah wrote a joint statement requesting that U.S. President Barack Obama intervene in the Standing Rock protest and halt construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline.
Within moments of the swearing in of President Donald Trump, he signed executive orders opening back up the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipeline construction.
Last week, the National Guard confirmed it has positioned an Avenger missile system near the Dakota Access Pipeline construction site; it will be used for surveillance, according to Morton County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Rob Keller. U.S. Army veteran Griz Grzywa said in an interview at Standing Rock: “They are using a level of force against women and children here that our military would hesitate to use,” he said.
For more, see YES! Magazine special report: The Spirit of Standing Rock on the Move.
- Neil Young and Daryl Hannah Statement to U.S. President Barack Obama on Standing Rock
- #Still Standing at Standing Rock
- Neil Young Visits Standing Rock
- 10 Images That Perfectly Illustrate The Struggle Against The Dakota Access Pipeline
- Standing Rock protest and "Indian Givers" by Neil Young
- singing truth to power
Water is LIFE
Dakota Access Pipeline Rally
Washington Monument - November 27, 2016
Photo by thrasher