Neil Young Discusses Donald Trump
Who's Going To Stand Up and Save The Earth?
2014-07-12, Hyde Park, London, England
Photo Paolo Brillo |Facebook
Earlier this week, we posted on Donald Trump Discusses Neil Young. Yesterday, we tried to tie together in a single post our comprehensive world view. While it didn't turn out quite as well as we would have hoped and became way too ambitous, hopefully it resonated with a few folks.
Which brings us to Neil Young Discusses Donald Trump.
Neil Young On An Inauguration Day Like No Other | Forbes by Steve Baltin:
Neil Young: “I can’t imagine what inauguration day is gonna be like this year, it’s gonna be unlike any other one at any time.”
“Maybe this election thing needs to be looked at again, maybe there’s something wrong with it, maybe there’s something wrong with the candidates, the choices, the availability, the forum that it is, the two-party system, the whole thing. Maybe the whole thing is a little bit off and people are looking at it, that’s why there wasn’t any interest,” he says. “Many people when Bernie went away just went away. They said, ‘He was the only one we liked, the other ones we don’t like and we’re not gonna vote for something we don’t like cause we felt what it was like when we were backing somebody we really believed in.’ So that’s what happened in my view.”
“But it’s all water under the bridge, I think for activism we’re going to be really nourished by what’s going on and people are gonna come together with music and social media and feeling and trying to keep the ideals of the country and do everything they can to preserve that which they believe in, that they’ve believed in their whole life, many of them have fought for,” he says. “I just think it’s not gonna go away slowly, not gonna go away quietly.”
“Art always reflects the times and these times are very intense and I would expect the art to get very intense and I would expect the generation of the youth to get very intense along with the art and the music and the social media,” he said. “The times are going to be shining very brightly for those people to see. And they’re gonna comment on it, they’re gonna have opinions. They’re not gonna go quietly into the night, they outnumber, there are many of them.”
- Donald Trump Discusses Neil Young
- Neil Young to Donald Trump: This note is NOT for you!
- Full Statement by Neil Young on Donald Trump's Use of Song "Rockin in the Free World"
- Neil Young Weighs In On US Presidential Election
- "Fuck You, Donald Trump" Says Neil Young Onstage; Posts Video Clip to His Facebook Page
- "Got A Man of The People Says Keep Hope Alive": Neil Young’s "Rockin' In The Free World"
- Bernie Sanders Campaign Video of Neil Young’s Song "Rockin’ In The Free World"
- INTERVIEW: For Neil Young, the Trump Era Feels a Lot Like the '60s | Mother Jones
- Neil Young Discusses His New Album, Trump, Future of Pono | Rolling Stone
- "Rockin' In The Free World" Lyrics Analysis