Guitar Legends Magazine Neil Young Cover
A journey through the past in the latest issue of Guitar Legends exploring the history of Neil Young’s long and distinguished career.
Guitar Legends issue covers Young's work with CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Crazy Horse, Pearl Jam and many others.
The issue includes:
- Gold Rush: The complete story behind the making of Neil Young’s Archives Volume 1, 1963-1972, the most ambitious music anthology ever created.
- Ragged Glory: From his beat-up Les Paul to his vintage amps and effect pedals, Young’s stage rig is a road-worn tribute to his timeless sounds.
- Nils on Neil: Guitarist Nils Lofgren recalls his time playing with Neil Young on After the Gold Rush, Tonight’s the Night and beyond.
- Jam Session: On 1995’s Mirror Ball, Neil Young and his Pearl Jam protégés find that haste is much to their musical taste.
- In His Element: Neil Young comes home with his 2000 acoustic gem, Silver & Gold.
- Four Play: In this in-depth interview from the fall of 1999, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young discuss the trials, tribulations and jubilation of reuniting one of rock’s greatest bands.
- Meet the Family: Neil Young introduced his 2003 concept album, Greendale, with a series of solo acoustic performances.
- Rider on the Storm: Young tells how he braved illness and tragedy to make the brilliant 2005 album Prairie Wind and looks back on a lifetime of acoustic guitar playing.
- His Old Guitars: Longtime Neil Young guitar tech Larry Cragg talks about his boss’ acoustic gear.
- Super Sonics: Solo? Absolutely. Acoustic? Hardly. With the help of producer Daniel Lanois, Neil Young plugged in and turned up on 2010’s shape-shifting Le Noise.
More on Guitar Legends Magazine back issues.
So why exactly is Neil Young a guitar legend?