Neil Young Fall 2007 Tour Kicks Off: Concert Reviews
JUST ANNOUNCED: Neil Young 2008 Europe Summer Concert Tour Date Schedule
Europe Winter 2008 Concert Tour and Reviews
Neil Young Fall 2007 Tour Updates and Concert Reviews:
- New York City - 12/12, 13, 15, 16, 18, & 19/07
- Philadelphia, PA: 12/9 & 10/07
- Wallingford, CT Concert Reviews - 11/7/07
- Boston, MA: Concert Reviews - 12/2, 3 & 6/07
- Buffalo, NY Concert Reviews - 11/30/07
- Massey Hall, Toronto - 11/26, 27, 29/07: Concert Reviews
- St. Louis, MO - 11/18/07: Concert Reviews
- Concert Reviews - Washington, DC - November 15 & 16, 2007
- Concert Reviews - Chicago, IL - 11/12 & 13/07
- Detroit, MI - November 10, 2007: Concert Reviews
- Concert Reports - Minneapolis, MN - November 8, 2007
- Concert Reviews - Denver, CO - 11/5 & 6/07
- Los Angeles - 10/30/07: Concert Reviews
- Photos Portland - 10-22-07
- Portland Concert Reports
- Video: Spokane, WA - October 20, 2007
- Neil Young Tour Kicks Off - Boise, Spokane Reports and Photos
- 2007 Concert Reviews of the Moment
- Tour Dates: Chrome Dreams Continental Tour
- Chrome Dreams II Videos
- Chrome Dreams II Reviews
- Chrome Dreams II history and background on Chrome Dreams I
- Chrome Dreams II Cover Art and tracklisting
- Sugar Mountain setlists
- Numbers On The Site ~ The Neil Young Tour Statistics
- Tour Map on Rust Radio
- Song Chart of Tour on Rust Radio
- Neil Young Concert Reviews
Also, check the feed links in the middle of the right sidebar for the most up to date info.
Spokane, Washington - 10-20-2007
From Sugar Mountain setlists (Thanks Tom!):
10-20-2007, INB Performing Arts Center, Spokane, Washington
From Hank To Hendrix / Ambulance Blues / Sad Movies / A Man Needs A Maid / No One Seems To Know / Harvest / Journey Through The Past / Mellow My Mind / Love Art Blues / Love Is A Rose / Heart Of Gold // The Loner / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Bad Fog Of Loneliness / Winterlong / Oh, Lonesome Me / The Believer / No Hidden Path // Cinnamon Girl / Tonight's The Night
Setlist unchanged except for Campaigner dropped. According to Numbers On The Site ~ The Neil Young Tour Statistics (Thanks Matthias!), the last time "A Man Needs A Maid" was played was 11/24/76 (Late show) at the Fox Theatre, Atlanta, GA. Aside from "From Hank To Hendrix" and the new Chrome Dreams songs, all songs are from the '60's and 70's - no '80's, 90's or '00's. Definitely an Archives Volume #1 tour.
Boise, Idaho - 10-18-2007
Photo by Shawn Raecke
The first reports are rolling in from last night's tour opener in Boise and as expected, the evening surpassed expectations. Here's a clip from Expecting to Fly's report on Rust:
Neil's solo acoustic set: 12 songs. And what a setlist. Mostly stuff from a long time ago, but what a nice group of rarely played gems. I was in heaven during this entire set. I mean, how long has it been since he played A Man Needs A Maid? He played it in the same style he used in '76 with the organ/keyboard thing on top of the piano. It sounded so nice. I thought his voice was a little shaky at the start of the set and got warmed up and better as the show progressed. Highlights were Ambulance Blues, Harvest (frigging Harvest, incredible!!), Sad Movies, AMNAM (I don't think this is a great song, but it was so great to hear after such a long time), Campaigner, Love Art Blues. Really, all of it was great.
From Sugar Mountain setlists (Thanks Tom!):
10-18-2007, Velma V. Morrison Center For The Performing Arts, Boise, Idaho
w/ Rick Rosas, Ben Keith & Ralph Molina
From Hank To Hendrix / Ambulance Blues / Sad Movies / A Man Needs A Maid / No One Seems To Know / Harvest / Campaigner / Journey Through The Past / Mellow My Mind / Love Art Blues / Love Is A Rose / Heart Of Gold // The Loner / Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere / Dirty Old Man / Spirit Road / Bad Fog Of Loneliness / Winterlong / Oh, Lonesome Me / The Believer / No Hidden Path // Cinnamon Girl / Tonight's The Night
You know it was a good concert when a review ends this way (from Concert review by Michael Deeds: Neil Young at Morrison Center | Idaho Statesman):
"When bows had been taken and the house lights came on, many fans still seemed confused. Men stood in front of their seats shouting, "Rockin' in the Free World!?"
Photo by Larry Cragg
Much excitement with the Chrome Dreams Continental Tour kicking off tonight in Boise, Idaho.
We'll try and bring you as much coverage as possible. But -- most likely -- we'll get overwhelmed with the flood of concert reviews, photos, setlists, trip reports and other tour fun. Besides, we've got our own roadtrips to make to DC and Philly!
Got Neil? Drop a comment below. Posting links is welcomed but long URL's are truncated. If you have a long URL please use Tiny URL to shorten your web address URL. Thanks!!!